Saturday, March 21, 2015

Puppies!




Woomi had puppies! My dog, despite my best efforts, became pregnant. Since I have to travel a lot, it eventually became easier to have a friend take care of the dog as it was just too much back and forth and made her confused. At her new home, however, she has a bit more freedom and lives closer to other dogs. Woomi and the neighborhood dogs have a lot of unsupervised time together. And I have now found out exactly what they did during that time. She became pretty clearly pregnant this past month, but everyone still expected her due date was another month off. Then, the other afternoon, her caretaker came home to find three extra dogs in the room! Woomi gave birth to three health puppies, two male and one female. They are maybe the cutest things I’ve ever seen. They haven’t even opened their eyes yet. Woomi is, overall, a good mother so far and ran up to greet me and then led me to her litter to introduce all of us. She fusses over them and cleans them and feeds them. I have, however, also seen her get so excited that she just straight up sat on one of them, so we’ll see if they all make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment