Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Free Medical Clinic


            This week an outside organization partnered with the local health center to provide free medical consultations and medicine to anyone who wanted to attend. People turned out in droves. The health center was packed with the entire community, from the very young to the very old. The campaign lasted for three days and were were able to see over 400 people. We treated everything from the common cold, to malaria, to joint pain, to babies who were unable to breathe. It was incredible work and both the American doctors and Cameroonian doctors worked tirelessly to see as many patients as possible. I am very grateful to the American volunteers who traveled all the way here to help the community.
            On another note, I learned that the term “whiteman” has now been replaced by my own name. When the volunteers showed up in village, my neighbor ran up to me and reported, “Auntie Allely, I have just seen five Allelys!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment