Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Stranger Things


I have just about seen it all. Motorcycles transport almost anything here. I have seen live goats, pigs, dogs, and chickens carried on motorcycles. I have seen numerous crates of beer. I have seen mattresses, I have seen tables and chairs. I have seen entire couches strapped to the back. I have watched five people squeeze onto one. I have seen heavy things, I have seen many things., I have seen awkward things. But today was the first time I have seen a corpse go by. That’s right. The body was wrapped in a shroud and then wrapped in a thin layer of foam, and tied to a wooden plank with rubber straps, which was then attached to the front of the motorcycle. I suppose it was just a sensible way to transport a body, but after that, I’m not so sure I want to know what I will see next!

No comments:

Post a Comment